At gp on beaufort we have specialised equipment for hearing testing.
Please advise our reception staff when making your appointment that you are wanting a hearing test. This test is done by our nurse and takes about 15 to 20 minute, and following the test you will be seen by the doctor.
A fee for this service applies, and a rebate from Medicare also applies. If the test is for pre-employment or insurance reasons the above rebate does not apply.
For those patients who meet the following criteria, we can refer you to The Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- Centrelink Sickness Allowance
- DVA Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- White Health Repatriation Card (for hearing loss)
- Gold Health Repatriation Card
- Dependant person of one of the above categories
- Member of the Australian Defence Forces.